It’s fast, it’s extremely affordable, and it’s compact! It’s Nikon’s new Nikkor Z DX 24mm f1.7 lens! As Nikon’s first prime APS-C size Nikkor Z lens for APS-C size/DX format mirrorless cameras, it’s giving all kinds of creators the benefits of a versatile angle of view, a fast f1.7 aperture for blurred backgrounds and incredible low light performance.
The Nikkor Z DX 24mm f1.7 boasts incredible bokeh unique to its fast maximum aperture, allowing users to dramatically emphasize their subjects in still-life and portrait photography. The design of the lens allows more light to enter, enabling the capture of beautiful, high-resolution photos and video in dimly lit conditions. With the fast shutter speed afforded by wider apertures, the Nikkor Z DX 24mm f1.7 exhibits minimal blur, even while shooting handheld.
Creatives can feel free to shoot all kinds of content, including tabletop photos, portraits, and landscapes with the versatile 24mm focal length. The 18cm (7in) minimum focus distance allows users to get close to subjects such as flowers and tabletop objects, for images that emphasize the subject with big background bokeh. The compact and lightweight design enables easy carrying, making it an ideal lens for everyday use.
Primary features of the Nikkor Z DX 24mm f/1.7 Lens:
- A fast maximum aperture of f1.7 makes it an ideal lens for rendering content with large bokeh for still-image and video recording. During hand-held shooting in dimly lit and dark surroundings, the fast aperture enables fast shutter speeds to reduce the effects of camera shake, as well as the ability to use lower ISO sensitivities for less noise.
- A convenient angle of view at a 24-mm focal length and 7-inch minimum focus distance supports the recording of a wide variety of scenes.
- The adoption of a stepping motor (STM) enables quiet autofocusing, minimizing focus sounds in video.
- Designed with consideration for the suppression of focus breathing, the lens enables smooth focusing with less change in the angle of view, even when the focus point changes during video recording.
- A compact and lightweight design makes it easy to carry inside a bag while mounted on a camera. When combined with the Nikon Z 30, the camera and lens combined weigh approximately 540g.
For more information and to pre-order the Nikkor Z DX 24mm f1.7, click here!
Featured in this blog: