Nikon has excitedly announced not one but two new super telephoto Nikkor Z Lenses! Get ready for the highly requested Nikkor Z 180-600mm f5.6-6.3 VR for wildlife, nature and aviation, and the affordable Nikkor Z 70-180mm f2.8 for enthusiasts! Combining outstanding zoom capabilities with a lightweight design, Nikon is helping professionals seeking the most captivating telephoto lenses create the images of their dreams!
Nikkor Z 180-600mm f5.6-6.3 VR – Boundless Creativity with an Extreme Focal Range
A modernized follow-up to the immensely successful and popular F-mount AF-S 200-500mm f5.6, the Nikkor Z 180-600mm f5.6-6.3 VR improves on the powerful reach and attractive price. The Nikkor Z 180-600mm f5.6-6.3 VR is sure to become a favourite among bird, plane and sports photographers with its light weight, high performance and versatile focal range. The lens enables the capture of powerful, up-close shots of fast-moving subjects thanks to its fast focus, superior handling and internal zoom balance. It also features a minimum focus distance of 1.3 meters (4.3ft) at the wide-angle position, which is ideal for capturing close-up shots of flowers and insects, even at the user’s feet. The broad range of focal lengths allows users to enjoy shooting a wide variety of scenes and subjects all with this single lens.
Primary features of the Nikkor Z 180-600mm f5.6-6.3 VR:
- A super lightweight lens that is easily hand-holdable, weighing just 1955 g (4.3 lbs).
- Covers an extremely broad focal range, from a versatile 180mm to an extreme 600mm. This is equivalent to 270-900mm when DX crop is engaged.
- A short minimum focus distance of 130cm (4.3ft) at the wide-angle and 7.9ft (2.4m) at the telephoto position enables close-up shots of flowers, insects and more.
- Vibration Reduction (VR) image stabilization performance equivalent to a 5.5-stop increase in shutter speed effectively reduces blurring in dimly lit surroundings and/or with handheld shooting.
- The utilization of a stepping motor (STM) ensures fast and quiet autofocusing.
- The internal zoom mechanism maintains balance and increases zooming stability and dust-resistant performance.
- Customizable Fn buttons at the front end of the lens barrel are easy to use when shooting handheld.
- Designed with consideration for dust and drip resistance, in addition to an antifouling fluorine coating on the front lens element enables easy removal of dust and dirt.
- Ideal for video recording with a click-less control ring that supports smooth operation and minimizes operational noise, as well as the effective suppression of focus breathing.
- Maintains superior resolution when using the Z Teleconverter TC-1.4× or Z Teleconverter TC-2.0× to extend the maximum focal length to as much as 840 mm or 1200 mm, respectively.
- The construction of 25 elements in 17 groups, using six ED glass elements effectively compensates for chromatic aberration, with nine aperture blades for a round, natural bokeh.
- Extremely short ring throw of only 70 degrees to adjust from the widest to the longest focal length.
For more information and to pre-order the Nikkor Z 180-600mm f5.6-6.3 VR, click here!
Nikkor Z 70-180mm f2.8 - Nikon’s Trilogy of Affordable f2.8 Zoom Lenses is Complete
The Nikkor Z 70-180mm f2.8 completes Nikon’s trio of affordable f2.8 zooms alongside the 28-75mm f2.8 and 17-28mm f2.8 and is a truly compelling option for photographers and videographers looking to step up their lens collection with a fast and affordable telephoto zoom. Boasting an approximately 40% smaller size compared to the Nikkor Z 70-200mm f2.8, while still offering a similar versatile focal range makes the lens perfect for weddings, portraits, sports and video event coverage. The combination of a fast f2.8 aperture and telephoto zoom range allows the user to shoot in low light scenarios like at a reception or indoor gym but also gives flattering compression and enticing bokeh that draws attention to the subject.
Primary features of the Nikkor Z 70-180mm f2.8:
- Creative possibilities are expanded with the constant maximum aperture of f2.8 which provides great low-light ability and smooth-looking background blur.
- Extremely compact and lightweight, weighing in at only 795 g (1.75 lbs), making it an easy lens to carry all day.
- Excellent ability for close-ups with a minimum focus distance of 27cm (at 70mm) and 85cm (at 180mm).
- Optimized for video with suppressed focus breathing5 and near-silent focusing. Additionally, the customizable control ring can be programmed to gradually change aperture, ISO, and focus. Because the focus position moves in accordance with the rotation angle, regardless of how fast the focus ring is turned, videographers can also control MF as intended.
- Fast autofocus with a stepping motor (STM) that supports quick focusing on moving subjects for both stills and video.
- Dust- and drip-resistant3 design with an antifouling coating on the front-most surface of the lens.
- Lens construction consists of 19 elements in 14 groups including five ED elements, one Super ED element, and three aspherical elements which help to suppress chromatic aberration and flaring.
- Use of the Z Teleconverter TC-1.4× or Z Teleconverter TC-2.0× extends the maximum focal length to 252 mm or 360 mm, respectively. When the Z Teleconverter TC-2.0× is attached, the maximum reproduction ratio is 0.96⨯, which is close to life-size reproduction.
For more information and to pre-order the Nikkor Z 70-180mm f2.8, click here!
Featured in this blog: