New and improved, Sony has announced the all-new second-generation camera to the ZV-1 in the vlog camera ZV series, the Sony ZV-1 II! With a wider-angle lens, plus highly requested and popular market-leading features, the ZV-1 II is paving the way for vloggers to make more engaging storytelling with attractive photogenic image quality!
The Sony ZV-1 II is perfect for on-the-go creators with its compact and lightweight design which makes the camera easy to carry in a pocket or small bag. It boasts a 1.0-type Exmor RS™ image sensor (approximately 20.1 effective megapixels), a BIONZ X™ image processing engine along with a newly developed ZEISS Vario-Sonnar T* 18-50 mm F1.8-4 lens that can frame everything from group selfies to narrow interiors allowing creators of many skill levels to enjoy sophisticated capabilities. The ZV-1 II can also create dynamic recordings of everyday scenes with Multiple Face Recognition, which recognizes multiple faces and automatically adjusts to keep all faces sharp and clear when taking selfie shots that include two or three people.
The ZV-1 II supports different filming styles with the vari-angle screen suitable for selfies, easy-to-hold body grip, user-friendly key and control layout and the recording indicator on the front face of the body. The monitor display has been redesigned with a bold, clearly visible red frame that makes it obvious when recording is in progress.
Creators can connect and share content easily with Sony’s Creators’ Cloud platform and easy smartphone connection. The Creators’ App can be used to control the ZV-1 II from a smartphone, monitor camera battery and media status, edit date and camera names, and easily transfer stills and videos shot, even in the background. The Creators’ App also provides a convenient way to update camera software.
High-quality live streaming is also super easy! Simply connect the ZV-1 II to a PC or smartphone with a commercially available USB cable to use it as a webcam. Make your video more attractive in online meetings and live streaming by using Creative Look to improve the skin’s appearance and adjust the hue. Faces will appear clearer and brighter (Face Priority AE) and the eyes will be kept in focus (Real-time Eye AF).
New and popular features of the ZV-1 II include:
- Ultra-wide angle and Zoom – 18mm wide angle of view make it easy to capture an attractive photogenic image with the entire scene, especially when shooting selfies at arm’s length. The 18-50mm optical zoom and the Clear Image Zoom smoothly enlarges images while minimizing loss of image quality to create variety in videos by changing the angle of view.
- 1.0 type sensor with Bokeh Switch, which gives beautiful bokeh by defocusing the background with a single touch.
Intelligent 3-capsule microphone – In Auto mode, the camera recognizes human faces or objects and automatically switches the direction of the built-in microphone (
or ). In Manual mode, you can select for selfies, when shooting with narration or . The supplied windscreen ensures a clear recording of the speaker when outdoors. Easy to use cableless attachment to Multi Interface Shoe and a 3.5 mm microphone jack makes it easy to connect external microphones.
- The cinematic Vlog Setting function responds to the demands to easily capture videos with a filmic look. It enables impressive imagery at a touch. Simply tap the on-screen function icon and the camera will automatically set a CinemaScope size (2.35:1) vi and a frame rate of 24 fps –the same as for a cinema movie. Then finish off the work with the on-screen buttons to select from five LOOKs and four MOODs
- Creative Look which supports 10 preset looks to suit your creative preferences and pro-level imaging features.
- Face Priority AE and Soft Skin Effect automatically and immediately detects faces and adjusts the exposure to optimize facial brightness, no matter the lighting. Soft skin effect smooths skin and facial features when filming.
- Fast Hybrid AF System – Even in high-definition 4K where precise focusing is required, the camera will keep the images sharp with the same Fast Hybrid AF system seen in α series cameras. The camera is equipped with AF Transition Speed to select the focusing speed during video recording, and AF Subject Shift Sensitivity to control whether the camera shifts focus from one subject to another. In addition, the Real-time Eye AF can accurately keep focus on humans or animals for both stills and movies.
- Product Showcase Setting – which delivers convenient shooting of product review videos with smooth focus transitions from your face to the item you are highlighting.
- S&Q shoot mode which allows a selection up to 5x slow or up to 60x quick motion to add impact to everyday scenes. The combination of shooting and recording frame rates can now be set on a single screen.
- ISO sensitivity spanning from 125 to 12800 – allows the camera to record sharp images with less noise, even in low lighting.
- Active Mode electronic image stabilization – content can be captured while walking or in motion and is especially useful for handheld shooting. Useful for handheld Movie and Slow & Quick motion shooting.
- Built-in ND filter – to reduce exposure by three stops and allow for beautiful background bokeh even in the brightest situation.
For more information and to pre-order the Sony ZV-1 II, click here!
Featured in this blog: