The Medium DSLR Core Unit V2 integrates seamlessly with the side access of the Action X50 backpack, and it will also fit in every available Shimoda backpack and roller with the exception of the Action X30.
It includes all the popular features of our Core Unit system, including EVA laminated dividers and sidewalls, a lightweight and versatile removable skin, and an aluminum frame to add extra rigidity and support.
The DSLR depth is ideal for mirrorless and DSLR cameras (including gripped bodies) up to 16 cm (6.3 in) tall along with lenses as long as a 70-200mm 2.8.
- Pro Mirrorless/DSLR Camera Fit - Designed to fit mid- to Pro-size camera equipment such as gripped Mirrorless or gripped DSLR bodies as tall as the Canon EOS-1DX or Nikon D5 with lenses as long as 70-200mm 2.8. It is designed to fit gear with greater depth requirements, though it is just as useful for protecting a larger kit of mirrorless or compact DSLR gear.
- Quick Side Camera Access - Integrates seamlessly with the side access of the Action X50 backpack, and it will also fit in every available Shimoda backpack and roller with the exception of the Action X30.
- Modular Stacking - The Medium DSLR Core Unit V2 Unit allows a user the option to stack a Small Core Unit on top of the Medium -- creating similar volume to a Large insert. By doing this you can have greater range of owning both Medium and Small Core Units. For example: you have the option of using just the Small Unit, just a Medium Unit, or using both together to equal a Large Core Unit volume.
- Lightweight Water-Resistant & Multi-purpose Skin - The included Skin’s primary function is a storage case for the padded Core Units, ideal for when your gear is at home and not in use. It keeps the Core Unit sealed and dust free. Its secondary function is to use as a packing cell. A user can fill it with clothing or other common items and pack it in their backpack or carry-on roller.
- EVA Protective Shell and Dividers - Walls and dividers are constructed with EVA which ensures much greater protection than cheaper PE foams used in most camera bags. With EVA we have greater control over the density and quality of materials used to protect your gear. It also means our walls can be thinner and use less internal volume while still providing superior protection.