Rollei was founded in 1920 and is known for its top-of-the-line Rolleiflex and Rolleicord medium-format cameras. No longer producing cameras, MACO is now the licensee of the Rollei brand products, that includes a line of black and white films. Rollei’s films range from 25 ISO panchromatic fine-grained film to other film types like the near-infrared 400 ISO and the ultra-sharp Ortho Plus 25 ISO orthochromatic.
A low-speed panchromatic black and white film, Rollei RPX 25 has a nominal sensitivity of ISO 25. Aside from the extraordinarily fine grain, the Rollei RPX 25 has great resolving power and high acutance. Rollei RPX 25 is characterized by a high sensitivity reserve of one f-stops, depending upon development. The thin, silver-rich emulsion is coated onto a crystal-clear base and offers an excellent balance between image quality (sharpness/fine grain) and speed yield.
- Low-speed panchromatic film, ISO 25/15°
- Resolving power contrast 1000:1 = 260 lines/mm
- RMS granularity (x1000) = 8
- Extended exposure latitude (between 12 and 50 ISO)
- Good for push/pull processing
- Good tone reproduction
- Great maximum density
- Transparent = ideal for scanning and as a slide
- Anti-curling layer ensures optimum flatness