- Antistatic layer for worry-free cleaning
- 18 layers of super Hoya multi-coating (HMC)
- Premium Hoya optical glass for high-resolution cameras
- Thin filter frame will not vignette when used with wide angle lenses
- Waterproof, scratch and smudge resistant top layer
The new EVO ANTISTATIC professional filters are made in Japan using hand-selected silicates that are carefully smelted and blended to yield high-performance optical glass. Hoya then uses extreme care and precision to apply the improved 18-layer Super Hoya multi-coating (HMC) formula that greatly reduces or eliminates reflections on the surface of the glass and yields a 99.8% light transmission rate. This means the filter has virtually no effect on color balance, contrast, or clarity of the final image.
The filter features a lightweight, one-piece, low-profile aluminum frame to house the glass. This one-piece design allows the filter to maintain parallel alignment to the sensor plane for maximum sharpness, while the low-profile form eliminates vignetting when used with ultra-wide angle lenses.