Designed in Sweden, these lenses have all gone through a stringent development, testing and production process to ensure they satisfy the demands of high end mirrorless digital capture, and high resolution sensors.
The Hasselblad Central Lens Shutter
While the principal of a central, or leaf shutter is very simple, designing one which is fast, accurate, durable and energy efficient is a great challenge. The shutter units are built at our factory in Sweden where we can control each step of the manufacturing process and maintain the utmost quality, shot after shot.
For a leaf shutter to be effective it must accelerate to its open position as quickly as possible and also close quickly and reliably, using minimal power and without causing damage to the blades.
This design has many advantages:
• Flash sync at all shutter speeds, up to 1/2000th second.
• No energy is required to hold the shutter in an open or closed state as the powerful neodymium magnets perform this function.
• The acceleration speed of the leaf blades is very high, so the time taken for the blades to fully open and close is minimal.
• Calibration of shutter speeds is not dependent on mechanics or springs and can be set extremely accurately.
• The shutter is incredibly durable. Working with test exposures of up to 1/1000th second we have seen extremely high life cycles, well beyond the existing service limit of 1,000,000 exposures.
• The shutter is in a ‘ready’ state at all times so does not need to be ‘cocked’.
• Virtually no vibration for longer exposures.
Minimum Aperture: f32
Minimum Focus Distance: 0.7m
Lens Mount: Hasselblad XCD
Filter Size: 67mm