Sabre is the next generation of camera triggering systems and is by far the most advanced camera trigger on the market today. It can be fully controlled by your Wi-Fi enabled computer, tablet or phone. Not only is the Sabre extremely configurable it is also incredibly easy to use. It features two native modes (Manual and Auto) that let you get up and running in seconds.
Sabre uses a LIDAR (light radar) sensor to allow for exceptional accuracy that is not affected by ambient light conditions. You can set the triggering distance by aiming it at an object or entering a distance. Sabre even has a window mode that can be set to allow triggering in between two distances.
Sabre - A Fully configurable LIDAR based camera trigger
Sabre is the ideal birds-in-flight sensor. It is a single ended sensor which means that there is no separate transmitter and receiver to align. The Sabre is built around an Infra-Red LIDAR (light radar) Sensor - this sensor emits a very short pulse of IR light and determines the distance to the subject by measuring how long the light pulse takes to be reflected back to the sensor. This sensor gives Sabre a 2cm accuracy that is not affected by ambient light. No more false triggers because the ambient conditions have changed.
Sabre Highlights and Features
- No separate transmitter and receiver.
- Can be configured in a window mode, for example, a trigger will only occur if the subject is detected between 2 and 4 meters.
- The sensor range is not affected by sunlight or ambient light levels.
- Wi-Fi enabled, can be controlled by your favorite device (both iOS and Android)
- Internal rechargeable Li-Ion battery.
- Includes an external power jack for long term assignments.
- The Internal battery can also be charged using a 7W or larger solar cell. See a connection diagram.
- Wi-Fi and LED brightness can be completely controlled for longer battery life.
- 3 User presets for quick recall of specific setting combinations.
- Start and Stop Video recording with Sony cameras using this optional cable.
- Two Sabres can be configured in a dual beam configuration.
- 3 Outputs - Including Camera shutter, 1/2 Press, and an Aux output.
- Control the high speed shutter and camera with the Sabre - StopShot is not required.
- Built in 1/4-20 Tripod mount
- Housing is weather proof - designed to be left in the rain.
- Features all weather proof connectors.
- Small and compact for easy travel.
Control the Sabre From Your Favorite Mobile Device
Android and iOS compatible
Control and configure your Sabre sensor with your iOS phone (iOS 8.4 or higher) or Android device (4.0.3 or higher), the application is available in the App Store or Google Play for $10. You can also use your computer to configure it before you go - the PC and Mac versions are available here for free. Once the Sabre is configured disconnect your device from the Sabre and Wi-Fi will automatically turn off to save battery life. Click the link for instructions on connecting your iOS device or Android device.
Two Standard and Three User programmable Operating Modes
Two Pre-configured Modes - Auto and Manual - these modes work with no changes to the settings - hook the Sabre up to your camera and go. Optionally you can configure any of the User modes to meet your specifications.
Sabre is Fully User Configurable
The Sabre is fully configurable this includes both the triggering distances and all of the timing parameters. Even the sample rate is user configurable - if you don't need quick response but want long battery life - just slow down the sampling rate. Want a quick response time just speed up the sampling rate. You can also control the number of shots for each trigger. The Sabre can also keep the camera awake to minimize shutter lag - very important for birds or other fast moving subjects.
LIDAR - The Heart of the Sabre
The Sabre is built around a LIDAR sensor, LIDAR is a combination of Light and Radar. The LIDAR sensor sends out pulses of invisible IR light and measures the time the pulse takes to be reflected back to the source. The LIDAR sensor is completely unaffected by changes in ambient light. The Sabre triggering distance are accurate to +/- 2 cm. All of this making it an ideal sensor for capturing birds in flight.
A 7W or larger solar cell in full sun will run the Sabre and provide enough power to recharge the internal battery for those long term monitoring applications.
Dual Beam and Aux Out
Simply connect a cable between two Sabre sensors to get dual beam functionality. This allows for directional triggering or covering a larger area. Use the Auxiliary output to fire flashes or a second camera.
Single connector for 1/2 press, full press and power input. This cable is included. See the connection diagrams.
Sabre includes a standard 1/4-20 weather sealed tripod mount.