2022 Banff Mountain Photo Essay Competition Grand Prize, Guardians of the Zagros by Emily Garthwaite
The 2023 Banff Mountain Photo Essay Competition is now open for submissions! The competition’s goal is to showcase the best in mountain-themed photo essays, to recognize the best stories told through a series of still images. The Banff Centre invites photographers to submit their photos that illustrate their mountain related stories whether culture, adventure, wildlife, sport, environment, or natural history. The jury is seeking a sequence of images that conveys a compelling story or message, with each image strong enough to stand on its own while conveying a greater narrative when viewed in the photographer’s desired sequence.
- Each essay submitted is to consist of three (3) to five (5) images.
- We suggest photographers include only those images required to tell their story – unnecessary images may reduce the overall impact of submissions.
- Please include a short description of the photo essay.
- ENTRY DEADLINE: May 2, 2023.
- $3000 CAD Grand prize
- All entries will be viewed by a selection committee chaired by the Festival Director
- Finalists chosen by this committee will be viewed by an international jury
- The Grand Prize winner will be announced in June 2023
For questions please contact email@example.com.