Nikon has announced a new, uniquely impressive, astonishingly high resolution, mid-telephoto prime lens. Get excited for the new Nikkor Z 135mm f1.8 S Plena! With incredible edge-to-edge brightness, outstanding sharpness and spectacularly dramatic bokeh, all while elevating the threshold of what’s possible with optical technology. Designed to let users fully express their creative vision with superior light-gathering capability, beautiful, well-rounded bokeh and outstanding sharpness and clarity throughout the frame, the Nikkor Z 135mm f1.8 S Plena will be a name and lens to remember!
Engineered with a focus on superior peripheral illumination, the Nikkor Z 135mm f1.8 S Plena is a truly special optic. Delivering the maximum amount of light to the far edges of the frame, the result renders abundant brightness from edge to edge, with clear, bright subject distinction throughout. In addition to enhanced brightness, the optical formula and larger rear element helps to realize beautiful, well-rounded bokeh throughout the entire frame, even from maximum aperture. As well, the Nikkor Z 135mm f1.8 S Plena provides outstanding sharpness and clarity, regardless of the shooting distance with a close minimum focusing distance of only 0.82 m (2.69 ft.). All of this makes for vibrant images with a fantastic dreamlike expression, delicate textures and a mystical pop of three-dimensionality, perfect for portraits, landscapes and more.
The lens’ luxurious exterior design is intended to match its superior optical performance. Along with the adoption of metal components, the lens features an engraved “Plena” logo similar to the cursive font and yellow colour of the Nikkor Z 58mm f/0.95 S Noct, Noct logo, the only other Nikon lens to be granted a dedicated name. Additional features include a fully weather-sealed body for durability and the addition of two L-Fn buttons for customization.
Primary Features of the NIKKOR Z 135mm f/1.8 S Plena:
- Beautiful, well-rounded bokeh is achieved throughout the entire frame while supporting a fast f/1.8 maximum aperture.
- Eleven-blade diaphragm and larger rear element contribute to exceptionally circular bokeh for dreamlike expression that accentuates the three-dimensionality of the subject with smooth gradation.
- The large amount of peripheral light at the f/1.8 maximum aperture ensures a consistently bright image all the way to the extreme corners of the frame for a sense of transparency and brilliance in images.
- The outstanding sharpness and clarity, characteristic of S-Line lenses, enables rendering of the finest textures in hair and skin tones, while excellent point-light reproduction capabilities achieve brilliant night and urban landscape imagery.
- A multi-focusing system uses stepping motors (STMs) for fast, accurate and quiet autofocus drive for still images and video.
- In addition to Meso Amorphous Coat, the most effective anti-reflection coating in Nikon history that prevents reflections regardless of the direction from which light enters the lens, Nikon’s original ARNEO Coat is also used to effectively reduce instances of ghosting and flaring.
- Optical construction consists of 16 elements in 14 groups, with four ED elements, one aspherical element and one SR lens element.
- A design that takes video recording into consideration with quiet operation and stable exposure.
- The lens body features two lens Fn buttons, to which a wide variety of functions can be assigned. One is positioned on the top of the lens enabling smooth adjustment of settings even when shooting in vertical orientation.
- The versatile 82mm filter attachment size enables the use of various lens filters designed to satisfy users’ creative intent.
- Designed to achieve superior dust and drip-resistant performance.
To pre-order the Nikkor Z 135mm f1.8 S Plena, click here!
Featured in this blog: