Cityscape photography could be captured with virtually any focal length. How do you decide which one is right for your creative prowess? Here is a list of the 4 Sony lenses that are the best for capturing cityscapes wherever the road takes you.
These four Sony G Master lenses are Sony’s professional quality lenses and are designed to work with current and future full-frame Sony mirrorless e-mount cameras. G Master is the designation for outstanding speed, efficiency, and reliability. I also love that they are all-weather sealed and intuitively designed featuring a programmable focus-hold button.
The Sony FE 12-24mm F2.8 GM lens is versatile and dramatic focal range. It’s fun to work with the ultra-wide when capturing architecture. Since this lens is well corrected for curvature and distortion, it performs well throughout the range.
- Fast Focusing Performance
- Integrated petal-shaped lens hood
- The filter holder is incorporated at the rear of the lens
Photo By Evelyn Drake with Sony FE 35mm f1.4 GM
The Sony FE 35mm f1.4 GM lens is classically known as an essential full-frame prime lens. The G Master F1.4 version is one of the best 35mm ever released. Although it’s a fixed focal length, it is versatile for a variety of subjects since it offers a slightly wider-than-natural perspective. The F1.4 aperture makes this an excellent night photography companion as it allows plenty of light in even the most challenging low lighting environments.
- F1.4 aperture for excellent low light
- Beautiful bokeh and background separation
- Incredibly fast autofocus
The Sony FE 16-35mm F2.8 GM is another versatile zoom lens with an ultra-wide-angle perspective capable of superbly sharp results. It delivers consistent resolution from corner to corner and is also well corrected throughout the range.
- Crazy sharp from corner to corner
- Well corrected – great for architecture
- Lens coatings prevent flare when shooting into the sun
Photo By: Marco DeGennaro with Sony FE 24-70mm f2.8 GM
The Sony FE 24-70mm f2.8 GM lens is a popular wide-angle to short telephoto lens known for its speed and versatility. It features a constant f/2.8 maximum aperture to provide pleasing background separation and to allow excellent light-gathering abilities even in low-light conditions.
- Impressive 1:4 closeup capabilities allow you to capture small details
- The 70mm focal length allows you to hone in on finer details of a cityscape
- Extremely versatile from sweeping wide shots to tighter portraits.
Photo By: Kenneth Hines with Sony FE 24-70mm f2.8 GM
Featured in this blog: