The GH5S presents a pure video experience with professional features and incredible low-light performance. At it's heart, the GH5S contains a much different image sensor to the GH5. The new, high sensitivity MOS sensor is 10-2 megapixels, with plenty of resolution for stunning 4k video recording, but pixels nearly double the size of the GH5's sensor for greatly enhanced low light performance.
Building on the excellent low light capabilities of the new sensor, the GH5S also features Dual Native ISO, similar to what is found in many high-end production cameras. Not only does the GH5S feature a standard analog circuit with a base ISO of 160, Panasonic has implemented a second analog circuit with a base ISO of 800, providing greatly enhanced image quality when shooting at high ISO levels.
Slow motion shooting has been improved as well, with the GH5S capable of variable frame rate recording up to 240fps in 1080p, compared to 180fps in the GH5. The GH5S is capable of 60fps in 4k, for a 2.5x reduction in playback speed.
- 10.2 Megapixel high sensitivity MOS sensor, with each pixel receiving 1.96x more light than the GH5 sensor.
- 4k 60p and Cinema 4k 60p
- 4:2:2 10-bit internal recording in 4k 30p
- Unlimited continuous recording
- V-LOG L pre-installed
- Dual native ISO (160 and 800)
- Variable Frame Rate up to 240fps in 1080p
- Multi-Aspect shooting with no loss in focal length
- 14-bit RAW image files
- Time Code Sync cable for multi-cam setup (max of 4 cameras synced to main camera)
- Burst mode with 12fps (AFS) or 9fps (AFC)
- Dual SD card slots
- Bluetooth connectivity
- Splashproof, dustproof, and freezeproof to -10°C
- Nightmode for EVF and LCD screen
- Low-light focusing to -5EV
- Live View Boost for dark shooting conditions
- Manual Focus Assist with 20x magnification
The GH5S shares all of the GH5 accessories such as battery grip and XLR adapter.
Resolution: 10.28 megapixels
Sensor: 17.3 x 13.0mm Live MOS
Video Resolution: 4K
Continuous Shooting Speed: 12fps
Auto Focus Points: 225
Lens Mount: Micro 4/3
Shutter Speed: 60sec - 1/8,000sec
ISO Sensitivity: 160 - 51,200 (80 - 204,800)
Screen Size: 3.2"
Recording Media: SD/SDHC/SDXC
Frame Rate: 60p
Audio Inputs: 3.5mm stereo minijack
Power Source: Li-ion Battery Pack (7.2V, 1860mAh, 14Wh)
Dimensions: 138.5 x 98.1 x 87.4 mm
What's In the Box
Panasonic Lumix GH5S Body
Battery Charger (AC Adaptor)
Hot Shoe Cover
Flash Synchro Socket Cap
Cover for the Battery Grip Connector
USB Connection Cable
BNC Converter Cable