The BMPCC4K Speed Booster ULTRA 0.71x and XL 0.64x are similar to the standard M43 Speed Booster adapters (MB_SPEF-m43-BT3 and MB_SPEF-m43-BT4) but the optics have been re-designed to optimize for the filter stack thickness of 2.4mm found in Blackmagic cameras rather than the 4mm of a standard Micro Four Thirds.
Metabones Canon EF to BMPCC4K Speed Booster adapters are designed exclusively for Blackmagic Design Pocket Cinema Camera 4K (BMPCC4K). They cannot be attached to any other M43 cameras such as JVC, Olympus or Panasonic cameras.
The BMPCC4K Speed Booster ULTRA 0.71x reduces the crop factor of the BMPCC 4K camera from 2.02x to 1.43x and produces the largest aperture optics currently available, with a maximum output aperture of f/0.9.
- Canon EF mount lens to Blackmagic Design cameras with M43 mount, specific for BMPCC4K.
- Increase maximum aperture by 1-stop. (with a maximum output aperture of f/0.9).
- Increase MTF.
- Makes lens 0.71x wider.
- Patented 6-element/4-group optical design by Caldwell Photographic in the USA.
- Lens iris/aperture is set by the controls on the camera body.
- Smooth iris support with the latest Canon (2009+), Tamron (SP series 2013+) and Sigma (2016+) lens models.
- Image stabilization (IS) lens support.
- Push autofocus if supported by camera.
- Cinema EOS lens support (CN-E 18-80mm T4.4 L), including AF (requires external 5V power via micro USB port), auto iris and servo zoom.
- Powered by camera body. With most lenses, no external power source required.
- Flocking to reduce internal reflection.
- Rubber gasket protects M43 mount connection from dust and moisture.
- Aluminum alloy and brass construction with chromium plating.
- Satin surface finish.
- Detachable tripod foot compatible with Arca Swiss Style ball head, such as Markins and Photo Clam or attach to quick release plate by a 1/4"-20 screw.
- The tripod foot is tailor-made to match the exact height as the BMPCC4K camera body.