Metabones Canon EF to Micro Four Thirds Speed Booster SUPER16 adapters are designed exclusively for Blackmagic Design cameras with Super 16mm sensor size, such as Blackmagic Mirco Cinema Camera (BMMCC), Micro Studio Camera 4K (BMMSC 4K) and the original Pocket Cinema Camera HD(BMPCC). They cannot be attached to any other M43 cameras such as JVC, Olympus or Panasonic cameras and they are not compatible with the newly released Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K (BMPCC4K).
The 0.58x Speed Booster SUPER16 reduces the crop factor of the Blackmagic Design cameras with Super 16mm sensor size from 3.02x to 1.75x and produces the largest aperture optics currently available, with a maximum output aperture of f/0.74.
- Canon EF mount lens to M43 mount camcorders, specific for Blackmagic Design cameras with Super16mm sensor size.
- Increase maximum aperture by 1 2/3stop. (with a maximum output aperture of f/0.74).
- Increase MTF.
- Makes lens 0.58x wider.
- Patented 6-element/4-group optical design by Caldwell Photographic in the USA.
- Lens iris/aperture is set by the controls on the camera body.
- Smooth iris support with the latest Canon (2009+), Tamron (SP series 2013+) and Sigma (2016+) lens models.
- Image stabilization (IS) lens support.
- Push autofocus if supported by camera.
- Electronic manual focusing (e.g. EF 85/1.2L II and discontinued EF 50/1.0L).
- Cinema EOS lens support (CN-E 18-80mm T4.4 L), including AF (requires external 5V power via micro USB port), auto iris and servo zoom.
- Powered by camera body. With most lenses, no external power source required.
- The tripod foot is detachable and compatible with Arca Swiss, Markins and Photo Clam ball heads.
- Flocking to reduce internal reflection.
- Rubber gasket protects M43 mount connection from dust and moisture.
- Aluminum alloy and brass construction with chromium plating.
- Satin surface finish.
For the purpose of avoiding confusion, The EF-BMPCC SpeedBooster 0.58x is now renamed as EF-MFT Speed Booster SUPER16 0.58x.