Cinestill have now made it accessible and easy to process your own cinematic film at home with this simple 2 bath kit
The Cn2 “COLOR NEGATIVE” developer is combined with the prebath accelerant (which kicks off development) to produce proper ECN-2 density. The bleach and fixer baths are combined with the stop and wash baths in our single Bf2 “BLEACH&FIX+STOP” bath, to reduce risks to health & safety and processing defects caused from hazardous chemical carryover. After a final washing of your film you will have CineStill negatives matching Kodak’s characteristic curves for proper motion picture processing.
It may be a less complicated process than ECN-2, but Cs2 is actually more advanced chemistry, utilizing chemical compounds and technology which didn’t exist when ECN-2 was originally designed. ECN-2 was formulated around the mid-1970s, with the available technology of the day. Even though our Cs2 kit is simplified and safer, we didn’t skip or compromise any of the designed functions of the ECN-2 process. Whether it be with the color developing agents or the combined baths, we don’t settle for incomplete formulas that omit essential active components (e.g. Antifoggant to prevent base-fog buildup, Anti-Calcium to prevent precipitate and contamination, Ammonium Thiosulfate to fully clear silver and dyes, Development Stop to prevent color staining, etc).
* If rem-jet is present, it can be manually removed under running water, after development.
- Reduced risk to health & safety and processing defects caused from chemical carryover
- None of the caustic compounds or poisonous byproducts associated with ECN-2 processing (such as lye, sulfuric acid, hydrogen sulfide and sulfur dioxide fumes, or highly toxic cyanide gas)
- No special processor or additional components needed
- Use standard processing tanks and reels
- Excellent for bleach bypass processing with F96 rapid fixer