See more and carry less with Nikon’s newest Nikkor lens, the Nikkor Z DX 18-140mm f/3.5-6.3 VR! This lens is a 7.8x high-power zoom lens that is exceptionally compact and easy to carry. With a wide focal length range, the Z DX 18-140mm f/3.5-6.3 VR is ideal for capturing a vast range of subjects and is perfect for travel, snapshots and all kinds of creative moments!
The Nikkor Z DX 18-140mm f/3.5-6.3 VR is a compact lens with a total length of approx. 90mm and weight of approx. 315g. It achieves consistently high resolution, regardless of focal length or shooting distance, making it a great choice for both photography and videography. Its short minimum focus distance of 0.2m at the maximum wide-angle position lets users capture dynamic close-up shots, making it ideal for those who shoot foliage and product photography. The 18-140mm also has a high vibration reduction (VR) performance with an effect equivalent to a 5.0-stop increase in shutter speed for more stable and sharp photos even during telephoto shooting or in low-light situations where vibration is likely to occur.
Other features of the Nikkor Z DX 18-140mm f/3.5-6.3 VR include:
- Covers a focal-length range of 18mm to 140mm (27mm-210mm, 35mm angle of view equivalent), convenient for capturing stills and videos of a wide variety of subjects, from landscapes to portraits.
- The short minimum focus distance of 0.2m (at max wide-angle) is optimum for close-up shots.
- The maximum reproduction ratio of 0.33x at the maximum telephoto position enables rendering of subjects in large size.
- Equipped with an optical VR mechanism that provides camera shake compensation equivalent to a 5.0-stop increase in shutter speed.
- High resolution is achieved consistently across the entire zoom range, from maximum aperture.
- Ideal for shooting video, with effective reduction of shifting of focus when zooming in/out and shifting of angle of view when adjusting focus.
- Select functions can be assigned to the control ring for stills and video.
- Fast, precise and quiet AF operation is attained with the employment of an STM (stepping motor).
- Designed with consideration of dust- and drip-resistant performance.
Featured in this blog: