Nikon has excitedly announced the new Nikon Z 30 mirrorless camera, specifically designed for video content creators, vloggers and streamers! Small, lightweight and packed to the max with outstanding features, the Z 30 is giving creators ultimate flexibility to produce the video content they are dreaming about. Nikon also announced the new Nikkor Z 400MM f/4.5 VR S super-telephoto prime lens! The Z 400MM f/4.5 VR S is compact, and lightweight, with superior sharpness and clarity and perfectly designed for full-frame/FX-format Nikon Z mount mirrorless cameras.
Whether it’s a hustle or a hobby, the Nikon Z 30 will get it done! The Z 30 consistently creates professional-looking 4K UHD video to get the look you want. Sharp focus, beautifully blurred backgrounds and appealing audio, all on the first take. With a swivel front-facing LCD, REC lamp, mic input, outstanding lowlight performance, and simple controls, the Z 30 is packed with more advanced features that level up with you, helping to take your content and your channel further.
Creator-Centric Features That Make Sense:
- Front-facing Vari-Angle touchscreen-LCD lets you see yourself in the scene as you compose your shots, confirm the frame, adjust focus and make sure you are always camera-ready. The bright 3.0-inch high-res screen will also feel familiar with the ability to swipe, pinch and zoom through playback and menus, while it also tilts to easily frame unique angles from below the hip or from above.
- The Nikon Z 30 and NIKKOR Z lenses help you create soft, blurred backgrounds that are a hallmark of higher quality content. The main subject remains sharp, to draw your viewer’s attention toward you or anything you want them to see, whether it’s a face or a prominent product shot.
- Reliably fast and sharp autofocus keeps you in focus, precisely following as you move around the scene, with the added benefit of Eye Detection AF.
- REC lamp acts as a tally light, illuminating on the front of the camera to confirm recording and peace of mind.
- Higher quality audio enhances your content thanks to a built-in stereo microphone, plus an additional input for using a more powerful external stereo or a directional microphone.
- Get it all in one take with more than two hours (125 minutes) of recording time, which is ideal for longer videos such as an extensive DIY.
- Superior low light performance gives you the freedom to shoot indoors, when it’s cloudy or at night, for clear and sharp video, with minimal noise and fast focus. Even in low light, the full-time focus will continuously track you while walking with the screen in self-portrait mode. The ISO range goes up to 25600 for video and 51200 for photos, enabling sharp rendering of details and textures in lower light.
- Sharp video quality at up to 4K 30P UHD with plenty of room to punch in, or Full HD up to 120P to easily create dramatic slow-motion. What you see is what you get, as the Z 30 captures 4K with no additional crop so you don’t lose any of your frame.
- Get the look you want with the Picture Control Auto function, which adjusts the video settings according to the scene. There are also 20 different types of Creative Picture Controls to add creative flair to video and eliminate the need for extra colour grading.
- Using Nikon’s precise colour profiling, scenes and skin tones are reproduced naturally and accurately straight out of the camera, with a genuinely inviting vibe that’s never cold or clinical.
- Record on widely available SD cards, which come in a variety of large sizes.
- Keep the camera running using an external USB-C power source, a great feature that can eliminate the need to swap batteries during a shoot. The camera works with Nikon’s free Webcam Utility streaming software to integrate for streaming or web conferences.
- Minimalist, lightweight design that is easy to carry and vlog with. This is the smallest and lightest Z series mirrorless camera ever made. The form factor and weight are made for content creation, vlogging and streaming. It’s balanced and comfortable to hold for long periods of time and small enough to pack. Simple dials give you complete control of settings like aperture and shutter speed for any desired effect.
- Always connected to your phone (iOS or Android) for easy automatic transfer of images using the free Nikon SnapBridge App. If your workflow is editing and posting from your phone, you can also connect to wirelessly send videos from the Z 30 to your device. Using the app, you can also use your phone as a remote control to start and stop your recording, when you are in front of the camera.
Superb Still-Camera Features
The Z 30’s 20-megapixel APS-C /DX-format CMOS sensor captures super-sharp and high-res still images, in any kind of light. Whether you’re shooting a once-in-a-lifetime landscape shot, a cooking close-up, the Milky Way at midnight or a gorgeous portrait, users have the option to use fully automatic modes or get creative with advanced settings. The Z 30 is also incredibly fast, with the ability to capture people and pets at up to 11 fps. What’s more, if you love what you’re seeing in the LCD, you can even snap a selfie while recording a video!
For more information and to pre-order the Nikon Z 30, click here!
The new Nikkor Z 400MM f/4.5 VR S is a super-telephoto prime lens ideal for wildlife, birds and sports photography. Its lightweight design makes handled shooting a breeze, while its excellent balance gives photographers more agility while shooting distant subjects. The Z 400MM f/4.5 VR S is a part of the S-Line lens family, which seeks ultimate optical performance. This includes being constructed with one ED glass element, two Super ED glass elements, and one SR lens element. This arrangement contributes greatly to the compact size and light weight while delivering superior optical performance in which chromatic aberration is suppressed. The adoption of Nano Crystal Coat also contributes to effectively reduce ghost and flare effects, achieving clearer images and accurate depiction of even the finest details of distant subjects.
- Handheld shooting is easy with the lightest weight in its class of approximately 1,160 g (excluding the tripod collar) and a total length of approximately 234.5 mm.
- Focal length can be extended to 560 mm with the Z TELECONVERTER TC-1.4× and 800 mm with the Z TELECONVERTER TC-2.0× while maintaining outstanding resolution.
- Maximum aperture of f/4.5 with three-dimensional rendering that makes the intended subject stand out.
Employs an optical vibration reduction (VR) function with an effect equivalent to a shutter speed 5.5 stops faster, which is the highest among Nikkor Z lenses.
- When paired with the Nikon Z 9 optical VR can be combined with in-camera VR for even more powerful camera shake compensation (equivalent to a shutter speed 6.0 stops faster) with Synchro VR activation.
- Designed with consideration for video recording, including a focus-breathing compensation function which effectively reduces shifting of the angle of view when focusing and stable exposure.
- The employment of an STM ensures high-speed and accurate AF with quiet operational sounds.
- Superior dust- and drip-resistant performance and anti-fouling performance with the adoption of fluorine coat.
- Employs the Memory Recall function that instantly recalls focus positions that have been stored in advance, via pressing an assigned button.
- Nikon’s original Nano Crystal Coat is adopted to effectively reduce ghost and flare effects.
Chromatic aberration is significantly reduced via the adoption of one ED and two Super ED glass elements.
- In addition, the adoption of an SR lens element controls short-wavelength light that is difficult to compensate for, achieving highly precise chromatic aberration compensation.
For more information and to pre-order the Nikkor Z 400MM f/4.5 VR S, click here!
Featured in this blog: