Exposure 2023 exhibitions at Contemporary Calgary. Photo by Louie Villanueva.
The Exposure 2024 Emerging Photographers Showcase and International Open Call are now open for submissions! Submit your work to have an opportunity to be a part of Exposure’s 20th-anniversary celebration!
Exposure welcomes diverse and innovative submissions from Alberta-based emerging photographers and visual artists who incorporate, celebrate or challenge the photographic medium within their practice. Submissions will be viewed by juror, Janine Windolph, and the Exposure team. Selected works will be shown at Contemporary Calgary, Exposure’s exhibition HQ, as part of the 2024 Exposure Photography Festival in Calgary, Alberta.
Exposure welcomes diverse and innovative submissions from photographers and visual artists around the world who incorporate, celebrate or challenge the photographic medium within their practice. Submissions will be viewed by juror, Lillian O’Brien Davis, and the Exposure team. Selected works will be shown at Contemporary Calgary, Exposure’s exhibition HQ, as part of the 2024 Exposure Photography Festival in Calgary, Alberta.
Those selected by the Juror will:
- Exhibit their work in the Exposure 2024 Curated Exhibitions.
- Be invited to become involved with the exhibition’s related programming.
- Be invited to show selected work in a public exhibition presented on Pattison Outdoor digital billboards located in the City of Calgary.
- Have their name and website link featured on the Exposure website as an artist profile, reaching audiences worldwide!
- Have the opportunity to win one of the Exposure Awards (Emerging Photographers Showcase only).
- Receive a $161 Artist Fee (CARFAC recommended Fee Schedule)
- Receive a $150 Production Expense Allocation with Exposure 2024 Print Partner, ABL Imaging Group, to cover/support costs of printing work for the exhibition.
- Have their work promoted in the Exposure 2024 official press release pack. The previous press has included the British Journal of Photography, AnOther Magazine, Phmuseum, Avenue Magazine, NEXT Magazine, MUSÉE Vanguard of Photography Culture and more!
Those who submit their work will:
- Have the opportunity to be featured on the Exposure Photography Festival curated Instagram account reaching audiences worldwide!
- Gain visibility with the juror and Exposure team.
Exposure will be sharing examples of strong submissions throughout the duration of the open call. To enhance your chance of being featured on our platform, please make sure you submit your work early.
How to submit your work:
The deadline for submissions is September 1, 2023, at 6 PM MDT. This will not be extended.
The submission fee for the International Open Call and Emerging Photographers Showcase is $35 (CAD) minimum. The online forms allow for additional images to be submitted for an extra cost.
If you have questions or require support with your submission, please email Exposure Festival Manager, Beth Kane at Beth@exposurephotofest.com